Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sew Dolly Clackett: The Final Day to Enter


I am completely amazed how quickly the time has gone by for Sew Dolly ClackettToday is the last day you can enter your frock(s) into the contest Flickr group.  I am being vigilant on membership requests and will be accepting them until 11:59 p.m. EST tonight, April 23, 2014.  Make sure you get your request in as I don't want to miss anyone!

Roisin and Nic's wedding gift has grown, and grown, and grown!  I am so delighted to have this tangible way to show Roisin how beloved she is in our sewing community! Thank you so much!  Trend-setting, genuine, and consistently true to herself, Roisin is someone I admire very much and am honoured to call a friend.  My special thanks to her lovely Nic for being instrumental in helping me pull off this surprise.


To date, over 175 people (!!!)  have thrown their needle and thread into the ring and their creations are absolutely stunning! I would like to highlight a few that I think are absolutely fantastic.

Eiffel Tower Dress * Simplicity 1610


Taracat's Eiffel Tower dress embodies Roisin's style perfectly.  We all know how much she loves an Eiffel Tower print and Tara's choice of red is a particular favourite of mine.  I love the sassiness of this dress!

Vintage Rock Chick's Sewing Dress * Christine Haynes' Emery

Roisin, like many of us, loves a good novelty print and Vintage Rock Chick has not only chosen a stellar novelty print but one that is perfect for a sewing contest!  And the Andy Warhol-ness of the sewing machines? Love!

Pink Elephant on Parade * Sewaholic Cambie

Brittany's Pink Elephant on Parade dress had me at first glance.  Pink elephants?! Yes, please! And did you see her Miss L. Fire shoes, too?  Amazing!  And to think that this is her first sewn project since the birth of her son seven months ago.  Brittany, I applaud you!

Easter Bunny Dress & Bowtie * Simplicity 1419


As Sew Dolly Clackett is in celebration of Roisin & Nic's upcoming wedding, I would be remiss in not featuring Julia's super cute Easter dress with matching bow tie for her husband.  I absolutely love this and I think the dress looks so pretty with Julia's lovely blue hair. 

Pretty Poppy Dress * Simplicity 2444

Pretty Miss Lizzy's dress is another one that captured my heart the first moment I saw it.  I adore the big poppy print (it reminds me of Roisin's Comic Muse dress) and Lizzy's fabulous shoes.  Not to mention her excellent front door! Very Roisin :)

Lovely Liberty * Butterick 4657

It is one of my goals to one day make a dress with Liberty fabric and Manju makes my heart go pitter-patter with her beautiful dress.  Heavens to Betsy, this is a delightful example of mid-century femininity and I love everything about it, from pearls to shoes.  *sigh*

Maple Cream Dress * Christine Haynes' Emery

Jenny at Sewing Pies has sewn not only a lovely homage to Roisin's polka dot Emery dresses, but also to Julia Roberts' spotted day at the races dress.   Not only has Jenny sewed a lovely dress but she also baked a pie to match!

The Lurking Cow Dress * Simplicity 2444

Can you believe that Alex of Odd Socks & Pretty Frocks says that she is not very good at sewing?! Neither could I! Her Lurking Cow dress embodies so many Clackett qualities: quirky toile print, lovely cardigan, and amazing shoes.  I want one for me!

Love Story Dress * Simplicity 2444

An amazing comic book print dress is bound to get noticed in Sew Dolly Clackett!  Inge's Love Story Dress is sensational! The saucy print, the flirty skirt, and sassy shoes make it utterly fantastic!

Cup o' Luck Dress

As someone who is tea and cardigan crazy, Jessica's Cup o' Luck dress is a definite favourite.  I love the fabric; the brightly coloured tea cups make my tea-loving heart sing!  And the red Hetty cardigan?  Excellent.  But Jessica, where is your lovely face? We want to see it!

* * * * * 

Today is the LAST DAY to enter Sew Dolly Clackett!

You may upload your photo(s) to the Sew Dolly Clackett Flickr group with a link to your blog post until April 23, 2014 at 11:59 EST.

Good luck!

* * * * *
Get your Sew Dolly Clackett blog badge here.

Upload your completed Clackett-style dresses here.
 
Remember to use #sewdollyclackett when using social media.


Congratulations, Roisin & Nic! 

 I will be wearing a Clackett-tastic frock on May 23, 2014 and will raise a glass to you both on your special day!

29 comments:

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oooh, good choices Sarah! It's been so much fun following along seeing everyone's makes! Everyday, I get tempted to make another one, LOL. I wonder how many others are now completely hooked on the fit and flare! Thanks for putting such a fun sew-along together!

Sarah said...

It's been my pleasure! This contest has been so fun and has definitely rejuvenated my zest for sewing and blogging :)

Mamie Camille said...

Inge's Love Story dress is definitely my favorite. It's going to be so hard for Roisin to chose!

Sarah said...

I know! I almost feel sorry for Roisin! :)

IngeMaakt said...

Thank you for the kind words on my dress Sarah! This challenge is so much fun and the dresses are all so pretty. Even though the sewalong ends there will probably be a steady stream of Dolly Clackett dresses around the web. At least that's what I hope, for our viewing pleasure haha!

IngeMaakt said...

thank you!!

Taracat said...

Thank you for running this challenge, I am having so much fun I don't want it to stop. I have loads more Dolly Clackett dresses planned.

Sewing Pies said...

Thank you much for the shout out, Sarah! This challenge has been a wardrobe-altering experience and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
Special thanks for hosting this delightful celebration of Roisin, Nic and the wonderful online sewing community. What fun!

Jessica Hurst said...

Good Golly this has been such a fun challenge! Lets say we do it again in about a year? :) Thanks so much for hosting this and taking notice of my Cup O' Luck dress.

Manju said...

First of all thank you for dreaming up this little contest and organising it. Secondly what an honour to be featured in your selected few. I really don't envy Roisin having too choose because really they were all so unique and beautiful. But cheers to Roisin and nick! Sewmanju.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

You're welcome! They are well-earned :) I hope from now on that everyday is Clackett Dress Day!

Sarah said...

Your dresses were so great! I just saw your second dress in the Flickr group and it's just as lovely as the first!

Sarah said...

I just loved your dresses, Jenny! What a brilliant idea to bake pies that compliment your dresses :)

Sarah said...

Jessica, I think that's a brilliant idea! A yearly Clackett contest?! Yay! I love both of your dresses and hope you will show us your pretty face on your blog soon :)

Sarah said...

Thank you, Manju! I really love your dress!

Rachel Church said...

I love seeing all these amazing frocks!!! I just finished my first Cambie Dress, but sadly a nasty springtime cold has kept me from getting dolled up and modeling it for you all! That's alright, I couldn't seem to log in to flicker tonight anyway. Good luck everyone! You all look fabulous!!! And Congrats Roisin & Nic!

http://sewrachel.blogspot.com/2014/04/finished-floral-cambie.html

Sewing Pies said...

Thank you Sarah!!
My two great loves- pies and sewing. A match made in heaven LOL
By the way, my official dress count is now 14!! Just finished off two more today on my day off :)

Sarah said...

I couldn't log into Flickr either! I wonder if we crashed the server! LOL! Looking forward to seeing your dress and get well soon!

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! You must be the most prolific Sew Dolly Clackett-er! Well done!

Debbie Iles said...

I've loved seeing all these beautiful frocks roll through on my blog reading list! I just wish I'd picked up on this celebration sooner so I could have joined in! Best wishes to Roisin and Nic for their big day!!!

Sarah said...

The dresses everyone has sewn are amazing!!

aem2 said...

Thank you so much for hosting this challenge. I had a lot of fun, and all the dresses are so lovely!

Amanda Russell said...

As it turned out, I wasn't able to participate after all, sadly :( I bought fabric and had a pattern in mind, but upon our return from holiday, our apartment had sprung a leak and my sewing area was subsequently taken over by gigantic industrial fans LOL. Thankfully everyone else is filling in the gaps quite nicely - there are no shortage of gorgeous Roisin-inspired frocks cropping up all over blogland, and it's hard not to be cheerful seeing them all!! Well done on hosting such an amazing challenge!!! :)

Sarah said...

It was a privilege to host Sew Dolly Clackett!

Sarah said...

Thank you! I want every single dress in the Sew Dolly Clackett Flickr group!

Alessa Farbenfreude said...

Oh darn it, I missed the deadline! I had a frock and fabric in mind, but somehow life snuck up on me... ;) I love all the great dresses, though!

BusyLizzie said...

Thanks so much for the mention! and thank YOU for organising such a fun sewalong! I had a great time making my fun dress and I love wearing it. I have many more planned now, I love wearing the fun prints :)

Sarah said...

Oh, darn!! I think you should still sew it! The group will stay open, even though the contest is closed, so feel free to add it!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the contest - I loved it! Keep sewing Clackett-style!