Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sparking Up Your Summer with SESA 2012


Summer wouldn't be summer without sewing along with Ali and Alessa! I have so enjoyed the past two years of the Summer Essential Sew-Along (SESA), that it just wouldn't feel like summer unless I was creating along with two of my favourite bloggers! 

This year, Ali has hatched a genius reinvention of SESA: the Summer Spark Sew-Along:

1 MONTH
In the month of June, sew one fabulous garment that you plan on strutting all summer. 

1 GARMENT
Your choice! What's the most wonderful thing you'd like to wear again and again this summer? A pair of linen palazzo pants? A shoulder-bearing sundress? A swishy skirt? A floaty top?  Why not make it now and flaunt it 'til the days get shorter?  

1 GREAT LIST
We'll be posting photos of our finished garments in a Flickr group and, at the end of the month, we'll tally up all the fabulous patterns in a list to serve as inspiration to all. One person's amazing garment could spark another's summer sewing—in July, the season's still young, after all!   

1 FABULOUS PRIZE:
All folks who have uploaded a photo of their finished garment by July 4 (a few extra days for good measure!)  will be entered into my giveaway for 2.5 YARDS OF SUMMERY COOL SEERSUCKER, to be shipped worldwide!  You could also win an indie sewing pattern of your choice from Ali!







JOIN US!
The Flickr group will be posted shortly, but in the meantime, how about snapping up the code below and posting the button on your blog or website?  I am looking forward to following everyone's progress, so be sure to leave a comment letting us know that you're on board!












18 comments:

Sara said...

I don't have a blog but I'm in. This will be my first sew-along.

Stacy @ Stacyverb said...

Ah, this is the kind of sew-along I can get behind! "One month, one garment" means I don't feel like I have to get bogged down in over-planning. Yay, summer sewing!

Ali said...

Hooray! This is going to be fun!

quietandsmalladventures said...

I"M SO IN!!!!

now to figure out my june garment.....

gingermakes said...

So excited!

Urban Rustic said...

I would love to have a go...especially as I failed to make any worthwhile contribution to the Hollywood challenge and that I seem to have lost my sewing motivation at the moment so it might get me going again!

kristenmakes said...

As I said on Ali's blog, I'm IN! Love this idea!

starryfishathome said...

I love sewalongs, I'm in. A linen jacket or a Cambie dress?

Alessa said...

Yay, I'm so looking forward to sewing along with you all!

Miss Crayola Creepy said...

What a cool idea! I'm in!

snippa said...

Sounds fun!
I'm thinking wrap dress at the moment.

Christie DescribeHappy said...

I have grabbed the button and I think this is exactly what I need motivation-wise to get sewing that dress I wanted to try. Looking forward to it!

Yvette Friendship said...

I am definitely in. Just need to get the badge to show on my page and my flick to allow me back in :)

Sølvi said...

Woohoo! SESA 2012! I´m soo in! :-)

Mrs.Bao 包 said...

I'm in! :) My first international group sewing project. :) I'll add the button later on my blog. :)

/Agneta

clare said...

Yai my 1st sewalong - I've just ordered a colette parfait perfect for summer......red with white spots. I do have a blog but not sure how to do button? will try clare xxx

clare said...

I thought i posted yesterday, not so great with the techno malarky. A colette parfait pattern dropped through my letterbox today - perfect timing I say. look forward to seeing everyones delights x

Alyssa said...

So excited! Now I really need to decided what I am making this month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...